Translate

28 March, 2015

What are you looking at?

Hello :)
For the past few days I've had something on my upper lip, it's like a blister but on a lip. So weird. Anyhow, I've been putting some cream on it and now it's not blister any more, it's just a scab. It's still painful and it does look a bit strange but it's smaller than it used to be and, I guess, it's going to be fine soon. However, I didn't start this to talk about my lips or my wounds. As I've had this for days now, I've been going out and on college with it. What got on my nerves were people in public transport. Most of them looked at me like I had two heads or something. They were staring at my lips like I have some contagious disease and like my lip is gone and all you can see is blood and weird skin. I do realize that it's in human nature to notice and look at everything unusual. So I get it why they were looking at me in the first place. But I don't get that disgusted look. I wasn't bothered as mush for myself because I know what it is, I know how I'm treating it and so on. But I was thinking about all the others who have something different. People without legs or arms, people with serious diseases, midgets (I don't know if this is insulting, I don't know other word for people of small height (dwarf sounds like those from cartoons)),... Anyhow, you probably get my point. Yes, I also look at people who are different. As I said in the beginning, I consider it normal. But I (hopefully) don't have that awful and disgusted look on my face. I've been so lucky that this small scab on my lip is the biggest problem these days and even felt disapproval from people. I can't even imagine what other people need to go through every single day. In case you thought you can't be seen or that you're not doing anything wrong just by looking at somebody differently, well, you're wrong! I seriously recommend you to pay attention on what are you looking at and how are you looking at it.
That's all for today, bye

No comments:

Post a Comment