Translate

01 May, 2015

Reading books

Hello :)
The world's book day has passed few days ago so I thought is would be appropriate to write a bit about this topic. I don't know if you are a faithful reader of my blog or you just stopped by. If you were a faithful reader, you would know that I started reading out of boredom while I travel to my college and back every day. I also started reading because I'm attending technical college so I missed reading something. High school provided tons of obligatory books (which I mostly hated because they were obligatory) but the moment I didn't have anything to read, I had to read something. Having a friend who loves books (almost as much as she loves me of course) borrowing and buying my first books was no problem. Now, a year has passed and I have quite good book collection for a "person who doesn't read" (I still don't consider myself as a reader). Anyhow, I read out of boredom and only when I have a lot of free time. I don't do it so I could say that I read and so I can discuss books with anyone. With this book day everybody was saying how people don't read much or at all. There were some polls, statistics... It turns out that more than half of my nation's population doesn't read or reads one book a year. Honestly, I don't see a problem in it. I have to admit that nobody in my family reads and I don't think they are anything less than people who do read. They are not smarter or more stupid. I don't see why this statistic is such a big problem. Whether people want to read or not, it's their choice. If they prefer watching TV, playing computer games over books, that's fine. People who read say that's it not the same and books are much more powerful, but I don't know why everybody should read. I think some people read just so they could say that they do, not because they want to. Furthermore, they also think that people will look at them differently. Maybe some will, but not me. I won't think of you any higher or less if you do or if you don't read. Seriously, I couldn't care less. Also, when I'm on this topic, I think a lot about famous people and their reading habits. Do they actually read when they're asked about it or they just lie so people wouldn't say bad things about them not reading. It bothers me probably more than it should...
Well, that's it. See you soon :*
Bookshelf...

No comments:

Post a Comment