Translate

29 August, 2015

Summer workout routine

Hello everybody. My summer is over now (I only count time spent at the seaside as summer) and it's time to get back to my work and other stuff I do at home. I've told you many times before how I wish to lose weight. Well, I've been working out for a month and a half now and now it's time to share my workout routine with you. I have to say that you'll also have to adjust your diet (I didn't do a very good job, but I'm not at the vacation any more so I'm getting this very serious now). No eating after 6 p.m. I eat healthy and junk food during the day (I'll cut the junk food hopefully), but no matter what's on the table, I'm not eating after 6 p.m. Not even if I'm hungry. There is always a glass of water to full fill my needs and keep me through the evening. And here is my workout routine (pictures below):
  • Sit-ups. I used to do 150 sit-ups (evolution: 50, 75, 50+50, 75+75, 100+50, 150). I messed up my knee and regular sit-ups aren't an option anymore (I did not ruin my knee doing any of these workouts!). Now I do 50 sit-ups with straight legs held by my mom.
  • Hand orbiting. I do 2 minutes; one minute in one direction, other in opposite direction (evolution; 1 min+1 min, 1 min+1 min+30 sec+30 sec). Now I do 2 minutes again (you'll see why in the end).
  • Half sit-ups/crunches. I started this not that long ago so I'm doing 20 of them.
  • Hip bridges. This looks very easy but it's not. I am doing 30 of them (evolution: 10, 10+10, 20, 30).
  • Planking. Probably the most underrated workout ever. When I saw it, and the program that goes with it, I laughed. I wan't laughing when I actually tried it. I am doing a minute and 15 seconds now (evolution: 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50, 1 min, 1 min 15 sec).
  • Jumping jacks. Since this is relatively easy workout, I am doing 50 of them. There is no evolution here. I started few days ago with it and I immediately did 50.
  • Leg raises. This is also one of those workouts where you do not exactly know what to expect. I am doing 15 of them (evolution: 5, 10, 10+5, 15).
  • Criss-cross/crunch twist. I am doing 50 of them (evolution: 20, 20+20, 50).
  • Now that you've done all of this, repeat!
  • Squats. I did 30 of them until I messed up my knee. I am not doing this anymore.
  • Running. I did this last summer every morning and I liked it but running demands more time and place to run. I have the place but time is a big problem. But (!) I hope to change that and start running soon.
  • Other workouts. I am planning on adding some new workouts as soon as I will be able to perform these without any special strain.
Before any of these, see what you can and can't do, see your limits. Also, if you have any problems, contact your doctor or someone for advice.
Best of luck!
P.S. Click on the picture for a larger view. Also, I obviously made up the workout named hand orbiting, and I can't find you any pictures so I made my own in Paint. Hopefully you'll understand what's going on.
All of my current workouts.

Hand orbiting my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment